Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recovering a Corrupted Folder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

Number of posts : 654
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Warning :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-25

Recovering a Corrupted Folder Empty
PostSubject: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:33 am

Does anyone know how to recover either the contents of a corrupted folder or how to restore it?
What has happened is that my folder has changed from being a "file folder" to a "file"
This isn't too urgent but i would appreciate any help and/or advice asap as the folder in question contains some of my TAFE files.
For further clarification of the problem, I have a screen shot for you:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
CaesaR
Exclusive inc. GM
CaesaR

Number of posts : 402
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Warning :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:59 am

First of all, how could it be like that?
I mean have you deleted something, or system crash, or virus or what made it corrupted?
And what kind of file shoul it be? A folder? A zip files? An application? or?
Back to top Go down
https://exclusive.forumotion.com
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 am

The file(s) are stored on my USB

In the picture it WAS like the website folder; just a normal ordinary File Folder. What happened is that today i just happened to notice that it had become corrupted and turned into a "File"

I want to know, is there a way to make it a "File Folder" again or do i have to delete and start over?

Back to top Go down
CaesaR
Exclusive inc. GM
CaesaR

Number of posts : 402
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:15 am

Well, usually I find such an icon is a file that has no application to run it.
If you know what apps to run it, try 'open with'
or if it should be a file, add .html / .psd / .xxxx of what should it be.
But it's kinda weird that a file could suddenly change itself. Perhaps a virus....
Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://exclusive.forumotion.com
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Yeah I know all that already but thanks anyway.

This "File Folder" to "File" "conversion" thingy is new to me too. scratch

Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

Number of posts : 215
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Recovering a Corrupted Folder Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Recovering a Corrupted Folder Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:06 am

This is obviously a virus, try scan with an antivirus, will detect a virus for sure. And the antivirus will delete the folder/file that have been infected.
Sadly there is no possible to recover it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.draculamania.zoomshare.com
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:35 pm

BlastRanger: Oh, ok. So all I can hope to do is scan it with an anti-virus program.

Thanks for the help. I am going to delete the folder now. Luckily Communications has no tests and only Projects/Assessments in the subject. I'm just gonna have to delete it and deal without the notes I lost.

Back to top Go down
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

Number of posts : 35
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Is the drive going bad? Making noises? Try to run scandisc onto ur USB..
Maybe ur USB got sum badsector already... Smile
Back to top Go down
Amplirage
EAD Support Teams
Amplirage

Number of posts : 207
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Sometimes, installing new programs can change ow certain files are opened. What is best is to check and remember what kind of file it was. Try scanning the app file first before opening it. Try notepad first to get a clue on how it opens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recovering a Corrupted Folder   Recovering a Corrupted Folder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recovering a Corrupted Folder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Technology :: Computer stuff-
Jump to: