Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's wrong with my computer?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

Number of posts : 215
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
What's wrong with my computer? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What's wrong with my computer? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :
What's wrong with my computer? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's wrong with my computer? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-09

What's wrong with my computer? Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 am

Hi all! I have a question about my favorable computer. First, i bought this computer with a processor Intel Celeron 1.7 ghz and can be run at full speed (1.7 ghz). But after I change my processor to Intel Pentium IV 2.4 ghz, it can be only run at 1.8 ghz. I try to find proseccor clock multiplier at BIOS setup, but I can't find it. It's sad because my processor can be more faster than now! 1.8 ghz is far than 2.4 ghz!! please somebody tell me how to increase the clock speed. It can only multiplied by 18X. But my processor actually can be multiplied by 24X. Any suggestion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.draculamania.zoomshare.com
DotaMorph
New Comer

Number of posts : 22
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
What's wrong with my computer? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's wrong with my computer? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:58 am

Hard to understand that, almost like giberish, and I have no idea. Very Happy Some glitch heh?
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
What's wrong with my computer? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What's wrong with my computer? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:31 pm

In simple, My processor actually can run at 2.4 gHz, but it only run at 1.8 gHz on my computer. How can I speed up so it can be run at maximum clock speed?
Back to top Go down
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

Number of posts : 35
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 am

BlastRanger wrote:
In simple, My processor actually can run at 2.4 gHz, but it only run at 1.8 gHz on my computer. How can I speed up so it can be run at maximum clock speed?

Try to update ur driver, since u changed ur processor.

Wink
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:13 pm

well, my processor driver is installed automatically. Even I reformat my computer, then windows install a new fresh device driver for me, still the same. No problem with device driver . . .
Back to top Go down
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 am

BlastRanger wrote:
well, my processor driver is installed automatically. Even I reformat my computer, then windows install a new fresh device driver for me, still the same. No problem with device driver . . .

Did you check to see if your motherboard can even support the speeds and type of the P4 processor you bought?
It might just be that it cant support a p4 at that speed.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

Number of posts : 119
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 pm

BlastRanger wrote:

CPU (processor) has no driver, it's managed by the hardware and has to be compatible with it. Particularly, you have to check that your CPU is supported in frequence (FSB, Front Side Bus) at maximum by your motherboard to make sure you run at full speed.

First, it is possible that your chipset is compatible with the form of your CPU (in other words, you can embedd your CPU in the slot, meaning there are as many pins on your CPU as there are on the slot, and they both have the same form) but it does not allow the frequencies to get as high as your CPU does. Under such circumstances, you have to see if your bios version allow your CPU to run. If not, you may flash your BIOS to get better support and thus prolly your CPU.

Second, it is also possible (and more probably) that your BIOS doesn't know what is the highest speed of your CPU, particularly your FSB. For a CPU, you can manage FSB and multiplicator coefficient (the product ends up with the frequency of your CPU). You have then to check for the frequency of your FSB.

You say P4 2.4 Ghz. DO you know which revision is it ? Because, if I'm correct, there two different models of P4 that can support 2.4 Ghz : Northwood and Prescoot core. Northwood is the older.

For Northwood, if you have the Hyperthreading available, then you have a 200 Mhz-FSB. If not, it is 133. For Prescott, it also depends. You should install CPU-Z to get the information about your CPU. Once you have them, please post a picture, we may be able to see what to do ...

And, if you have the brand aand model of your motherboard, please post ...
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:59 am

CPU Properties :
What's wrong with my computer? Cpurf5.th

Mainboard Properties :
What's wrong with my computer? Mainboardyw9.th
Back to top Go down
pow3r_-_rang3r
New Comer
pow3r_-_rang3r

Number of posts : 36
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Sorry i have no idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.power-rangerz.tk
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:14 pm

BlastRanger wrote:
CPU Properties :
What's wrong with my computer? Cpurf5.th

Mainboard Properties :
What's wrong with my computer? Mainboardyw9.th

Flash the bios and reset it to default, and just an FYI you can't change the multiplier on oem/retail Intel chips, the multiplier is locked. All you can do is change the fsb.
Smile
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:36 am

yes i wanna do that, but i dont know how to flash the bios n reset to default. Also dunno how to change the fsb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my computer?   What's wrong with my computer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with my computer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Technology :: Computer stuff-
Jump to: