Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matthew Reilly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

Number of posts : 654
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Matthew Reilly Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Matthew Reilly Right_bar_bleue

Warning :
Matthew Reilly Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Matthew Reilly Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-25

Matthew Reilly Empty
PostSubject: Matthew Reilly   Matthew Reilly Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 am

Matthew Reilly is IMO one of the best Australian authors of today. He hasn't written many books but the ones i've read are:
- Contest
- Ice Station
- Area 7
- Scarecrow
- Hover Car Racer
- Temple
- Seven Ancient Wonders
- Six Sacred Stones

I'm looking forward to the sequel of Six Sacred Stones which is due to be released in 2009. Quite a while away but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

If anyone else here has read one or more of the books, Seven Ancient Wonders & Six Sacred Stones in particular (Yes, parts 1&2 of a trilogy), what do you think will happen in the sequel? How do you think Jack West Jr. survives? Reilly gave us some clues in the interview at the end of the book but i want to know what you guy think.

Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

Number of posts : 119
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Matthew Reilly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Reilly   Matthew Reilly Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Judging by the title, it s look like fantastic-type books. Does the ambiance have anything to do with Heroic-Fantasy world ? It may interest me, as of I will finish mine (and my birthday is incoming ... which means more books to read ...).
Back to top Go down
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

Number of posts : 654
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Matthew Reilly Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Matthew Reilly Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-25

Matthew Reilly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Reilly   Matthew Reilly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:47 am

Well they do go along the lines of the conry Heroic fanatasy type story. But its set in real-life. The thing that makes these books so good is the fact that he doesnt wrote what we expect, rather he actaully dares to write the ugly truth. e.g killing off a majority of the well loved heroes.

His stories are well researched and the decriptions are just so good. You could literally imagine everything asif you were there experiencing it.

Since i suck at describing things, i'll give you an example of what one of the books is about:

From: http://www.booklore.co.uk/PastReviews/ReillyMatthew/IceStation/IceStationReview.htm
Ice Station

"At a remote US ice station in Antarctica, a team of scientists has made an amazing discovery. They have found something unbelievable buried deep below the surface - trapped inside a layer of ice 400 million years old.

Something made of metal...something which shouldn't be there...it's the discovery of a lifetime, a discovery of immeasurable value. And a discovery men will kill for.

Led by the enigmatic Lieutenant Shane Schofield, a crack team of US Marines is rushed to the ice station to secure this bizarre discovery for their own nation. Meanwhile other countries have developed the same idea and are ready to pursue it swiftly and ruthlessly. Fortunately, Schofield's men are a tough unit, all set to follow their leader to hell.

They soon discover they just did...

'For lots of lethal violence involving high-tech weaponry. For thrilling escapes from the jaws of death. For cliff hanging suspense on just about every page...Ice Station delivers the action-thriller goods with all the explosive firepower of a machine pistol.' - West Australian "

Last edited by TwistedFirestarter on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

Number of posts : 119
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Matthew Reilly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Reilly   Matthew Reilly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:56 pm

I think I may be interested ... I will buy a book to test, that sounds great !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matthew Reilly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Reilly   Matthew Reilly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matthew Reilly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hobby and Life Style :: Books, Magazine, Comics etc.-
Jump to: