Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gymnasium any1 ???

Go down 
+3
Matoumass
BlastRanger
Lite_Sakurai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

Number of posts : 35
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Gymnasium any1 ??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gymnasium any1 ??? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :
Gymnasium any1 ??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gymnasium any1 ??? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-24

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:00 pm

Any1 here joined a gym before??? Or currently a member of a gymnasium???

Tell us about ur fave gym, how abt the fee and the facilities.

Also, u can share any usefull info, tips and trick, anything to build up our body.

I'll be waiting.

Surprised
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

Number of posts : 215
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Gymnasium any1 ??? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Gymnasium any1 ??? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-09

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:26 pm

hmm, there are no gym at my city Sad
But I give a very useful tip to build up our body

WE SHOULD EXERCISE MORE AND DO SPORT EVERYDAY lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.draculamania.zoomshare.com
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

Number of posts : 119
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:33 am

Well, I attended more than once to a gym. Actually, I subscribed four times to four different gyms, for 2/3 months periods. Basically, the fees depended of the type of gym. The cheaper was base on a student price (because we have a student price do to the sponsoring program between the university and the gym) so let's say about 40 euros and the most expensive was a professional gym when I was in internship, cause I wanted a good one to test. Actually, this was about 250 euros for 6 months (after negociations :p) and this was really good. I could find anything I wanted to perform, no need to enter in a queue to wait for it. But this becomes a real investment ...

All I want to say about gym is that it has become a real investment and a hobby you cannot avoid. In town, such as in Paris, you cannot avoid subscribing the gym if you really want to practice sport. Because you have nowhere to really practice sport, and no green space to walk and jog unfortunately. Yes, I fell it coming ... "****ing cities" Sad I am currently looking for a gym, because it has been many many months since I really didn't attend to a sport club (due to surgical reasons ...). But this is expensive, and I'm planning on a travel to China for this summer (and this costs a lot Sad).

About building up your body, you have to first analyze what are you looking for. You may want to lose weights, to stretch out your body or to gain muscles. Three different types of desires, three different types of exercices. I wanted to lose the fat around my muscles, not to gain some (I have enough I think). So I asked my teacher to compose me a program. And I tried it, it was many exercices.
During my youth, I made pushups and other exercices that you can do alone each day. That is a great beginning. Don't push too hard, but you have to feel the pain when you do the job, otherwise your body isn't working. That's all I could give as a piece of advice. And keep the sport every day, stop smoking, don't drink too much, and eat many vegetables and fruits, not so many meat (red or white).
Back to top Go down
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:50 am

To Matoumass :

Thanks for sharing ur story... tongue

Definetely agree with ur statement, when it comes to the "gym thing" is that it has become a real investment. Wink

So hows workin out ur body to a better look, since the very 1st time u joined, until u stopped.
Dya meet ur goal?

Myb u can share us the stat before u join n the stat after all those workin out years.
Also, dya use supplements to have a perfect and desired result?

To BlastRanger :

No gym in ur city? Hmmm...
So wat exercise dya like to do??
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Gymnasium any1 ??? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Gymnasium any1 ??? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:11 pm

jogging, playing table tennis, and also play the other sport games Smile
Lift weight things, help my mother move something Razz
and so on, just basic exercise for me
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

Number of posts : 1910
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-02

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 am

Well i do play basketball a lot and i also participate in athletics in our school.

is it true that when you start to weigh lift you stop your height growth?
Back to top Go down
BlastRanger
BlastRanger

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:20 am

What the . . . nope . . . i don't think lift weight will affect your height growth. Although I always lift weight, I still grow tall Razz
Back to top Go down
CaesaR
Exclusive inc. GM
CaesaR

Number of posts : 402
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Gymnasium any1 ??? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Gymnasium any1 ??? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 am

Well, lift weight does affect the growth if done in growing age.
Otherwise, it should be OK as long as done in a right way.
Back to top Go down
https://exclusive.forumotion.com
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:47 am

Thats what i mean exactly Mr. Caesar sir,

is 18 ok? i mean bones are still fragile and growing at this age right and lifting weights gives pressure to bones and instead of growing it start strengthening. .

or am i getting it wrong?
Back to top Go down
CaesaR
Exclusive inc. GM
CaesaR

Number of posts : 402
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
Gymnasium any1 ??? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Gymnasium any1 ??? Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Depeands, have you had your growing age?
The growing age is a certain time , ususally only 1 - 2 years, when the body grows significantly.
You can notice it since your eating portion will increase quite greatly as well as your height.
Most have the growing age between 11 - 18. But still possible until +- 21.
If you have already had yours, it should be OK to have a weight lifting training (with right portion and nutrition plus rest) If you haven't then you can do the light weight lifting.
Anyway two of the most important factors is the nutrion and the rest thingy...
Back to top Go down
https://exclusive.forumotion.com
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:13 pm

im 18 right now and is 5'7 . .

i think at 16 years old i felt that significant increase in height . .

so it stops here? is that so? . .

well i may start lifting weights now, especially this summer . .
Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:18 am

As far as I can judge, I had my growing age until 16/17 maximum. Because I practiced a lot (more than 25 hours of sports per week, between Yoseikan Budo, scholl sports and sport associations, table tennis and competition on Week Ends, push ups and other gym exercises on evenings) between 11 and 17, I had the chance to build a very sharpened body, with great bones and a muscular capital quite important (as far as I can judge due to what people said).

Now, i wanted to attend to a gym just to lose my fat over my bones and sharpen my muscles. I don't want to gain muscles, because I think I have enough, and I don't want, above all, to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger or other body builders. There is few things I hate in this worlds, but the guys showing all their muscles in the gym with no brain girls make me angry.

What I can say, what I can witness, is that guys beginning attending to the gym after their growing age have a 6-month period when they must really work hard to introduce their body in their new world. Actually, most of guys take proteins and all that stuff to develop their fibers and their muscles capital at higher rate. As for me, I never touched this stuff, and I won't. Nature above all, I don't want to force it. Anyway, for guys in the growing age, I think you don't need additional stuff to highten your muscles capital.

You just have to see an instructor, a teacher, a manager to talk about what you want to reach as shape. You may want to be slim or a big body builder, it s up to you. After all, it is for yourself, except if you are one of these guys that just want to seduce with your body Smile While talking, you will see that the teacher will show you what exercice to do. For instance, I had to do a lots of exercices in a row to force my muscles to work hard, but not on the performance, but on the stamina. For guys that want to have arms like pylons, you have to push for the performance and push a high and very high amount of steel, not 10 push ups, only one really high (well, that is the image).

I was quite pleased of what I have done, I have worked quite hard to lose weight and to sharpen my muscles, but that is a real investment in time and in money. I was every 2-day period in the gym (so 3/4 times per week, each 2 hours) and sometimes, just to lose pure weight, I was in the gym every day doing running or exercices like that.

I would say :
- first talk to a teacher to what you wanna reach (body builder, model, ...)
- then get the equipment
- convince yourself and give you the means to attend
- do it regularly, as if it was your new hobby
- don't get bored of it, or quit, being bored is the most dreaded/feared thing in sport in general
- you must at last attend to a 6-month period to get real results, on the basis of regular attending

That is often something additional to a main sport, for instance for judokas to have better strength. But you can do it just as a standalone, nothing forbids it. And finally, think about stretching your muscles at the end, ad drink a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:00 pm

To bishounen2k8 :

Mostly growth on men usually stopped at the age of 23.

To Matoumass :

Thanks for the reply... Really2 usefull... Very Happy
Talkin about this is talkin about commitment... Don't y'all agree ??

Can u tell us, approximately, until now, how much do you spend for gymnasium. and all fees that
related to develop your body thing ?

bom
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:14 pm

23?

wah! i've got long ways to go

Sad
Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:12 am

Well actually I will be 24 at the end of the month but that is no big deal.

I don't know if it will be useful to talk about money here because I live in France, but that had cost me about 250 euros for six months in an average city, and it's more like 750 euros per year in Paris.

Because I didn't buy anything else such as proteins, I just had to bring my sportswear and some water, but that's it. So, no big deal once you have paid the fees ...

There is more than anything a lots of time to invest ...
Back to top Go down
Lite_Sakurai
New Comer
Lite_Sakurai

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:55 am

Matoumass wrote:
Well actually I will be 24 at the end of the month but that is no big deal.

I don't know if it will be useful to talk about money here because I live in France, but that had cost me about 250 euros for six months in an average city, and it's more like 750 euros per year in Paris.

Because I didn't buy anything else such as proteins, I just had to bring my sportswear and some water, but that's it. So, no big deal once you have paid the fees ...

There is more than anything a lots of time to invest ...

Hmm.. So Matoumass just basically paid for the monthly gymnasium fee...

Ic-ic...

"There is more than anything a lots of time to invest" >>> Hmmm, finding it hard 2 understand... scratch

Cud u explain it... Plz... Razz
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:00 am

"There is more than anything a lots of time to invest"

ehhh???

i'm the one finding it hard to understand . .hehe
Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm

bishounen2k8 wrote:
"There is more than anything a lots of time to invest"

What I mean is :
Above all, you have to know that you will invest a lots of time, no matter what. If you really expect some results ...

Sorry for the misunderstanding, that was quite a literal translation ...
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:53 am

i see i see . ..

its just the "a" then lots of time w/c i can't get over . .

hehe
Back to top Go down
angelic tutpikz
Rook
angelic tutpikz

Number of posts : 521
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-06

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:22 am

we have a gym in our house..well not technically a gym but we have some of the equipment like the tread mill,stability ball,weights,punching bag and that ab king pro which make sit ups more comfortable..and we also have that sauna belt...not to mention that our place is a very good jogging place
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:27 am

well i don't know how a gym looks like to you but it seems to me that your house is technically a gym!

hahaha! Razz
Back to top Go down
angelic tutpikz
Rook
angelic tutpikz

Number of posts : 521
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-06

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:45 am

the funny thing is that my parents bought those equipment for my fat,lazy but intelligent sister...but i'm the one who is using it
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:16 am

then good for you! . . .

hehehe. . .

we have a treadmill, the bike with the ab swing, a equipment that looks like your dragon boat racing, good for the arms . .hehe. . and a halfcourt basketball out back . .

sweating hard every morning and the afternoon . . Razz
Back to top Go down
coco616
Bishop
coco616

Number of posts : 189
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-04

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:34 am

Karate for me- American Kenpo
Back to top Go down
bishounen2k8
Prime Minister
bishounen2k8

EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:12 am

i used to enrol in a karate class before . . now i'm into kick boxing! . . .hehe UFC style! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gymnasium any1 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gymnasium any1 ???   Gymnasium any1 ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gymnasium any1 ???
Page 1 of 1