Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

Number of posts : 119
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
The Black Library Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Black Library Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

The Black Library Empty
PostSubject: The Black Library   The Black Library Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:44 pm

Well guys,

I have to admit that it's been a while since I behaviored like a classical French pupil (reading tons of classical French books such as Molière, Voltaire, Balzac, ...), but I can't nevertheless give you pieces of advise on a rich and awesome collection of books of the Heroic-Fantasy type. The Black Library actually focuses on the realms created (and obviously inspired by great inventors of the Heoirc Fantasy such as JRR Tolkien) by Games Workshop, whose name obviously makes your ears ring.

The realms created by Games Workshop are mainly those from Warhammer Battle and Warhammer 40,000 (yeah, in the future). These realms depict worlds where magic, battles and conflicts are gathered. There can't be peace between elves, dwarves, humans, skavens, undeads, night elves, lizardsmen, ... in Warhammer and Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Orks, Eldars, Tau, Necrons, Chaos warriors, ... in Warhammer 40,000.

Heroes come up in both realms and are the focus of novelists, or are imagined by novelists. Names such as Felix and Gotrek for Warhammer Battle or Uriel Ventris from the Ultramarines/Ragnar from the Space Wolves are one of the most succesful stories. These aren't neither single novel nor trilogies, those are big list of books, where the war cannot end !!!

There is no peace out there ... more precisely "In the grim darkness fo the far future there is no respite. No forgiveness. There is only WAR !"

Anyone does know Warhammer Battle and Warhammer 40,000 (not the video games such as the MMORPG or the RTS) ? Has anyone ever read books from the Black Library ?
Back to top Go down
TwistedFirestarter
TwistedFirestarter

Number of posts : 654
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :
The Black Library Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The Black Library Right_bar_bleue

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Black Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Library   The Black Library Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:52 am

I know of Warhammer and Warhammer 40K. My best friend from primary school used to collect like hundreds of those models. I never really got into it though.

I've played Dawn of War (RTS based on Warhammer) several times at a Net Cafe.

And no, I havent read or heard of Black Library until today but it seems like an interesting read. I might just look into it in the future.

Back to top Go down
Matoumass
Bishop
Matoumass

Number of posts : 119
EXCLUSIVE Rewards :

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

The Black Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Library   The Black Library Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Yeah well,

Here is the link you should follow to take a quick glance at the books : here

You may like the realms provided you are in search of adrenaline and you want the author to make you dive into a realm where there is only war, corruption, aliens (at least for WARHAMMER 40,000). Plus, the magical and heroic-fantasty (which roots definitely come from Tolkien's imagination and arthurian legends) dimension of Warhammer let you give a fresh start for your imagination, in a world where everything is possible.

Modelling, painting, sculpting, dice-throwing (lol), video games, books, ... is possible thanks to these worlds. I love it, and I'm eager to take the subway at lunch to read !!! I am at then end of a book, and it is becoming so interesting !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Black Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Library   The Black Library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Library
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hobby and Life Style :: Books, Magazine, Comics etc.-
Jump to: